Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Re Organizing

It's probably just a guy-thing, but I'm a creature of habit. A trash can once sat next to the wall by the kitchen wall phone and was moved to the end of the center-bar. It was moved four years ago and I STILL find myself walking to the empty spot to leave trash. I also still open a "utensil drawer" that was once my bachelor knife-and-fork drawer.


Today I want to get my fave White Castle coffee cup out of the cupboard by the coffee pot and I greeted by large plastic cups. (You know, the 24 oz. thick plastic ones that usually sit by a batheroom sink for a month before making it's way to the dishwasher.) As if I entered Paula's game, I searched where the plastic cups used to live and I found the regular drinking glasses. Ah Ha! Running out of things to find, I quickly ran across the kitchen to where the drinking glasses used to live and there were not coffee cups, but colanders. Fucking COLANDERS!! They somehow graduated from a floor level cabinet to a cupboard above the counter! WHERE'S MY MUG?!


There was a time when Ms. Paula decided to clean the garage. I won't go into detail, but I'm still missing two hammers, three screwdrivers, a caulk gun, and a circular saw.


So I'm sitting here drinking from a disposable QT cup that I found in the pantry. Why, pray tell, was there not one, but two disposable QT cups-- cleaned and saved in my pantry? Because my mother-in-law saves them and I have NO IDEA why. I refuse to ask.


Here's what's messed up: You can ask Paula any time where something is and she'll immediately rattle off the location, whether an old location or a new one, without hesitation and then she'll stare at me like I should know her system.


"I moved the plastic cups so they are more convenient for me."


---




Ever gotten to a friend's house without calling first and catch them do'in it? Here's the studdered excuse I got after ringing the doorbell 3 times:


*Marvin said, "Uh, I was, uh.. just taking a nap and she, uh.. is just getting out of the, uh, shower.. Sorry it took me so long.. I didn't think you'd be here until later..."


Sally said, "Oh.. hi! I was just, uh.. taking a nap and he was, uh.. just getting out of the shower.. Sorry it took so him so long to get the door.."


* Names have been changed to protect the innocent.



Be nice to someone today.


Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

That's funny. Did you ever find your cup? At least you bothered to look in several places first. Someone I know wouldn't have made it that far. (lol!) :o)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like our house, the rearranging things. It is genetic Mike, sorry. Ella will do it too.

as far as the washing of disposable cups, that ends with Mom. She's old, what else can we say???

10:05 PM  
Blogger Chris Johnson said...

At least you didn't come home and find ziplock bags all over the house, because they had been washed & now they are drying so they can be reused. Even though $1.00 will buy a new box!!!

That was pretty funny reading about your search for your cup! Oh by the way I am sure the mug didn't match anything, so it is now in coffee mug heaven or mom & Jim's pantry. ;P

12:18 AM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Mike, that sweater vest makes you look 30 pounds lighter!

Go out and have a great day. And STOP ringing my goddamn doorbell.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home