Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year Resolution

I decided I will try to be nicer to people in 2007. Paula told me that my sinister remarks and crude comments are just plain rude (even though I really don't mean some of them). I'm a people-watcher and one thing people-watchers do is make fun of others. Real fun. And when I make fun of someone, I don't hold back-- I just say whatever I want.. just not to their face. I just enjoy erecting a little fun at the expense of others.

Until now.

Beginning today, I'm going to be very nice to everyone. No more poking fun and no more snide remarks. A very good friend of mine (Dr. Roozbeh Dodhi) used to fill his pocket every single day with "good deeds, good thoughts, and good words." Here are a few examples of what you might hear me say this year:

  • You look great today!
  • Wow! Did you lose 10 pounds?
  • I'm glad I ran into you. I was just thinking how nice it would be to see you!
  • Did you read my mind?! You're awesome.
  • Did you get your hair done or are you having an amazing great hair day?
  • Your eyes are sparkling! Thanks for the cheer!
  • I can't wait to hear more...
  • Wow! You smell great.
  • The whole room brightened up when you walked in! Do it again!
  • I'm glad I'm your friend. It makes my life so much more exciting!
  • I hope one day I have a vocabulary as elegant as yours.
  • Your not just cool, you're classy!

Happy New Year to All! I hope everyone prospers and gets all they dream for in 2007.

Peace.

- Mike

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Johnson said...

HA! I know this is just to good to be true! I know for a fact that there is NO WAY you can be in a room with me a not say anything mean! :D

This will be your most easily broken resolution

10:34 PM  
Blogger Dr. Mike said...

Chris, I love your humor! You're the greatest!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Uncle Mikey said...

you can secretly beam your ignorant comments to my phone, and i will broadcast them for you... if they're better than what i came up with for the situation, that is...

3:09 PM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Jesus, don't force me to say what I want to say...

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home