Friday, December 08, 2006

Yet another pet peave

The most common question I get whenever I run into someone I haven't seen in awhile: "So, are you still doing that chiropractic thing?"

Let's see:
1. 8+ years of college to get my doctorate
2. $150,000 of school loans
3. $200,000 in equipment
4. 14 years of private practice
5. Income

"Nahh.. I gave it up! I was offered a good job down at the Culver's where I get 10% off any burger platter."

"Nahh.. I decided to sell cars instead because of the great benefits and the outdoorsy atmosphere."

"Nahh.. I didn't get enough school so I enrolled in Rankin Technical Institute to learn HVAC... or truck driving.. or something."

---

BTW, we're leaving for the Eastern Carribean tomorrow (Dec 10). Paula and I will miss everyone, including your mom.

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

HEY!!! Culvers has REALLY good burgers!!! Someone has to flip them!!! And what's a measly $150K in student loans.....woose, whoose, whoos, how do you spell woos??????? I'nm going to bed. have fun on your cruise. WISH i were going!!!

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it spelled peeve?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Dr. Mike said...

Okay, okay.. I'll give y'all my 10% discount if you swing by Culvers!

Spell check police?! haha

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home