Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My first good deed of 2007

Today I volunteered to help Dr. Jeff finish his fence around his pool. We spent the best part of the day digging the holes, leveling, and placing the 6 foot pieces into place, but we didn't get finished before I had to run to the office for a couple hours.

About 6:30 p.m. I met him back at his house to finish the fence and we realized his measuring wheel was about 8 feet off. In other words, we built a fence in the yard behind him!

We spend a couple hours pulling the cemented poles out so we can do it again this Saturday morning. I reached into my pocket and found these good thoughts:

  • Good thing Jeff didn't pay someone to help him!
  • I'm glad I'm not his neighbor! (12 3-foot deep holes w/cement in them...)
  • I learned a tool NOT to use when measuring lawns.
  • It was nice outside.

I hope everyone got things accomplished today!

- Mike

3 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Way to be positive... Doesn't sound much like the Dr. Mike I know, though...

That is funny about the cement holes in the neighbor's yard, though. How did you all not realize this while you were digging the holes?

6:05 PM  
Blogger Uncle Mikey said...

dr mike was too busy thinking of nice things to say, instead of making fun of dr jeff for probably not knowing how to operate the measuring wheel... if you'd picked on him, he might have questioned or double checked his measurements. i'm just sayin...
think i'm going to walk into his adjusting room next time i'm up there, and blurt out that Oh, i must have misjudged the office layout, i thought this was dr mike's space...

3:15 PM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

I'm already getting sick of the positive disposition.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home