Tuesday, September 26, 2006

God, Help Me Get This Shoe Out of My Mouth!



Last weekend we had our annual Conference in Austin, Texas. Everyone knows that St. Louis Airport has the *BEST* shoe-shiners around so we took the advantage.

The old fella shining my shoes told me his name was, "Mike." Apparently, I had seen at some point in my life seen a show that impressed me and blurted, "Hey, Mike.. Can you snap that rag and sing me a song while you shine?" He looked at me and mentioned that he hadn't done that in probably 40 years.

Now I'm notified that it was BuckWheat on The Little Rascles making fun of a slavery thing... Oh Geez.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You better go apologize right NOW young man!!!!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did the shoe shine associate have any spare hair to garnish your breakfast with???

7:47 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

only you, mike... only you...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Damn it! Em' beat me to it. I was gonna say that too..

Only you Mike, only you...

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home