Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the 13th

I suppose everyone is writing about Friday the 13th today, so I'll jump on the bandwagon.

I love my BMW 5-series. Not quite the luxury of the German cousin 7-series, but still quite a nice ride. I chose gold with tan leather interior because it hides the St. Louis dust. In retrospect, maybe I should have purchased the Gold beamer with black interior...

Typical morning: Hit the snooze once at 7:30, morning dump at 7:40, in the shower by 7:50, dressed and driving to the office at 8:15. Stopped at what-used-to-be-called Amoco (BP or somehting like that) for gas and decided I'd try their coffee. Huck's coffee on the java bar-- sheesh. I can't believe Huck is now Brittish! Hit the "yes" button for a gas receipt (BTW, I let the car fill up while I was inside the store-- something that oddly enough scares weak people) , scooted several times back and forth on my seat while talking on the cell phone (joke), and was on my way. Everything was great.

Anyone that has owned a BMW 5-series knows the quality of construction. Very stable. Very comfortable. Very sleek, and actually quite roomy.

THE CUP HOLDERS SUCK. Dammit. Everything on my car gets a perfect score EXCEPT the damn cup holders. Each of the two cupholders consist of two pieces of thin plastic that fold and retract into the dash just below the stereo. Neat concept, shitty engineering. The little plastic "finger" has a tendency to break, which allows a cup of coffee to plunge to it's death on the seat and carpet.

Happy Friday the 13th. I'm off to get the car floor cleaned...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Morris said...

Can you clarify something? Do you take the morning dump BEFORE or AFTER you arise from bed?

Just checking. I'm aware of conflicting opinions on which way is best.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home