Sunday, April 17, 2005

Women Don't Know How to Pack

As we near our cruise, I'm reminded that women basically don't know how to pack. We'll be gone only 5 days and Paula has been shopping 11 times for bikini's, dresses, tops, purses, shoes, etc. Ebay and Vicky's Secret no longer ask for internet password access, and the Beamer has a new auto-pilot button to the mall. We've saved 30% by signing for 3 Kohl's cards, and *I* actually even know where the girl's sock department is located. She has consulted with her sister, Jenn, in Wisconson; her cousin, Maddie, in St. Charles; Chris, Diana, Karen, another Karen, and I think even Bill about her cruise wardrobe. Thank Jesus there is no web-wardrobe-consultant...

And then she has the gall to tell me I need to be packed on Tuesday.

"TUESDAY?! Why-in-the-hell would I pack on Tuesday?" Thursday (before we leave) I'll pull out (not necessarily in this order) my duffel-bag and stuff the following:
1) everything on my bathroom sink
2) 6 pairs underwear and t-shirts
3) 5 pairs shorts / swimming trunks
4) 2 button-down casual shirts
5) extra pair of dress socks and sandals

I'll wear slacks, a white shirt and black coat and I'll even donate my extra duffel-space because Paula's stuff won't fit in two peices of luggage...

Ahh, the simplicity of being male. So there you go-- Women simply don't know how to pack!

4 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

We know how to pack, we have to be prepared for any event that might take place. What if one outfit gets dirty, I have to have a spare. Or what if I get thrown in a pool after I throw my husband in for being a butt-head and I have to change. You never know we might get invited to some fancy ball and I need a cocktail dress. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Oooh, she said ball.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

oh by the way, there is a web-wardwarb consulting web site....and yes I've consulted with them too!! :)~~

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, we'll go through this same ordeal again in September, so just get used to it! ;o)

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home