Sunday, March 13, 2005

"I need to see some ID"

I was in Wal-Mart one day (yes, even I shop there) purchasing a $17 and-some-change item on credit when the cashier looks at the back of my card and says, "I need to see some I.D." It just happens that I did not have my driver's license with me, leaving myself completely ... unidentifiable.

"Why do you need to know who I am, my name is listed on the front of that card."
"Yes, but it is not signed."
"That is because I could not find a pen that would sign plastic, do you have one?"
"Sure," she said as she handed me a marks-alot.
I grabbed the card, signed it, and handed it back.
"I can't accept this."
"Why?"
"How do I know it's your signature?"
"You just saw me sign it."
"I mean, I don't know it's the signature of the person on this card."
"I *AM* the person on the front of that card."
"I'm sorry sir."
"Can I speak to a manager?!"
"I *AM* the manager."
"Prove it."
"My badge ... SUPERVISOR"

[pause to appreciate dumbshits in the world...]

"Can I use my card as debit?"
"Sure."
"Thanks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home