Thursday, December 08, 2005

WHAT'D SHE SAY?!

Three months ago, I invested in an online dating business and since then have helped a handfull of others get involved.

Last Tuesday, one of the newer people asked to introduce the guest speaker-- usually a three minute job and somewhat safe for a new person in front of the room. You know, "Hi I'm so-in-so and I'm with so-in-so... Thanks for taking time, yada yada.. and I'd like to announce our wonderful speaker that (enter any kudos here) ... could we have a warm hand for Mr. so-in-so.

Pretty simple, eh? 20 people there for a business presentation and our 3-minute introducer starts dropping "F"-bombs all over the place. She bitches and moans about how miserable she is with her husband and something about a lawsuit in her other business... brings up how nervous she is because her "pits sweat" when she gets in front of a group. She blurted that she had to down about 6 rum 'n coke's before the business meeting BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! (As I was breaking into a sweat because she wouldn't shut her yapper, I saw two guests gesturing with the ol' index finger to the throat to "CUT IT OUT!") SHUT TF UP!!

26 minutes later the guest speaker stood up and said, "Well, it's going to be a quick presentation because I only have about 4 minutes... but I'll see what I can do!"

Then, Stephen R. Smith (a billionaire who owns Lajita's Texas-- and just happens to own Ultimate Match, the online dating company) was at the meeting to give us some information on his future ideas. When he started talking, this gal stood up and cut him off!! She wasn't done bitching about this "Hoosier area we live in..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Morris said...

Nothing that dropping a mickey in her drink won't cure. But you never think of those things, do you?? Do I always have to flank?

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home