Thursday, December 01, 2005

Choices

Usually around this time of year my office has a charity fund raiser to "adopt a family" in need. This year, a particular patient was having a very difficult time with the loss of her job, late on her rent, etc. and she subtly asked me if I could somehow help.

[Note: If you look closely at my picture, you'll see the word "SUCKER" on my face.]

At first I was going to hire her temporarily and part-time to file or soemthing just to give her a little help. She simply needed to make her truck payment and get caught up with her rent. When I found out how much she needed to make ends meet, the Christmas Spirit jumped in me and I decided to help.

The next day, I called her up and gave her a check. I told her that I was "adopting her" as my Christmas family to help and didn't expect anything in return. "Take this and have a great Christmas!"

Ahh, the joys of helping.

Yesterday she called my office. Half anticipating a "thank you" I took the call. She asked me if I could loan her $300 more!

I think I said something like, "Uhh.. No!" and then I realized I should have wasted my money on rounds at the bar instead...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Johnson said...

Hey if you are handing out checks, make one out to Chris Johnson. Don't worry about filling in the $ amount I can do that! Thanks Brother! ;D

9:48 AM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

What's that about an inch and a mile?

SUCKER!!!!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home