Wednesday, September 07, 2005

It's almost Christmas!

Its really frustrating that you can't get a raft in the summer because it's out of season. You can't get a Christmas tree in the winter because it's not stocked for the season-- the sales associate will advise that you get it around October...

I with either the seasons would get further apart (hence, we'll get next years' stuff this year) or that someone would freak'in realize that just MAYBE we'd like to buy Christmas shit at Christmas and summer shit during the hottest months of the year!! "Hey Walton, I just gave you a free marketing idea!"

... and what if I want to buy a casket? I think tomorrow I'll go to Baue and try to bargain a brand new shiney casket. Maybe they'll be on sale.. maybe they'll have a second-handed model that's missing a hinge or something.. How about a discount on a used casket or one that someone had died in?

4 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

Last August I went shopping for a pair of summer shoes. Nothing. In March (New England, no less) I tried to buy a hooded jacket. Guess again. You're exactly correct - it's gotten out of control and it's ridiculous.
Banks might as well just jump on the bandwagon and start issuing Christmas Club checks in August.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Chris Johnson said...

I agree it is stupid! In mid July you couldn't buy a stupid raft, or any swim pool toys! HELLO! We are only 1 1/2 months into summer, I am not ready in July to dsecorate my Christmas tree or to buy a Halloween costume. I will worry about that in Oct. or Dec., never mind in Dec. I will be to busy buying a swimsuit & flipflops.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Funny, right now I'm looking for furniture for my deck. Do you think I can find any goddamn FURNITURE FOR MY DECK? We're entering the BEST time of year for deck-sitting, for chrissake.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Dr. Mike said...

Dave-- I thought you were going to use the dual reclining couch on your deck...

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home