Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I DID IT!!

I got my 10 (yes, ten) tax extensions to the post office in time-- with 15 minutes to spare. Wouldn't it be nice if the tax system was "on our honor?" Seems like this time last year I was preparing for my audit.

Nosireee, Bob! And OH-- I want to thank Ms. Womack (USPostal inspector in O'Fallon) for NOT having extended hours tonight. I enjoyed the drive to the airport at 10:30 p.m.

I called a friend to see if he wanted me to take his extension to the airport for him. He said, "Hell, Michael-- I got my extension in early. This way I can run around October 15th to get them done!"

Here's my question: If you make $100K and spend $100K isn't that like not making anything? And if I check that little box to donate $3 does that decrease my chances of getting an audit? Can I write off that $3?

That brings me to another question: When I send bills to patients, can I put a check-box on the top that says, "I'd like to pay $3 so Dr. Mike can get a beer"?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Morris said...

I was downtown on Market Street at 10:00 last night dropping off my extension and down payment.

I didn't get to my accountant's office until 8:30 to fill out the extension - and she had beers, so I stayed a little while. I hate the IRS.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

It was fun ride to the airport.....I'm not even going to say....Okay I will, "I told you so!!!" This is why I love him.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home